vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

Volkswagen Touareg TDI: !My Radio is currently stuck

Customer Question

Hello!
My Radio is currently stuck in safe mode and asks for a PIN code. Unfortunately, I can't see it anywhere on the radio and I don't have the user manual as I bought it second hand.
It's a volkswagen touareg V10 2003
best regards
Category: VW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
More details about the radio: BLAUPUNKT - WERKE GMBH 7 612 001 017 BNO 881 RADIO NAVIGATION 7L6 035 191 VWZ1Z7B6439526
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
hello there I'm Wolfgang here to help!! Radio dataSerial number:VWZ1Z7B6439526PIN: 0352 anything else?if not.....I try to be online 365 days a year.I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!So please rate me above!!!!If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.ThanksWolfgang
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
I've tried the PIN you gave but unfortunately it said wrong pin code.
Could you provide us the right code. As for now, I can't give you any rating.
Best regards
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
the radio that you have is it purchased second hand? please double check the serial # ***** sure that the # ***** you have given is the same is the one in bold typing!! let me know!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought the car second-hand along with the radio.
I double-checked the serial # ***** it's right. It's engraved on the radio.
So I don't understand why the PIN is not accepted by it
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
i have a feeling that the electronic board has been changed or the radio is bad. i have seen where the etched chassis is reused but a different board was used so the serial # ***** ***** accessed by VAG COM. do you have vag com?
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hum... that'd be troublesome. As far as I know, VAG COMs are difficult to find where I live.
On the other hand, what if I give you the car's serial # (WVGZZZ7LZ3D006294)
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
the serial number will not help because the factory uses the serial # ***** the radio since the one that is etched is not the correct on for the radio the vag com is the only way to make sure on the radio serial # ***** ***** same . my bet is that the electronic serial # ***** ***** than the one etched
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.