vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T: jake, I have a 2002 jetta 2.0 and I

Customer Question

jake, I have a 2002 jetta 2.0 and I am having a problem with the number 4 cylinder. I have done the following things to the engine. The reason I started working on the car is the timing belt. I replaced the beltt, the water pump and the tensioner. The engine started right up after doin th timing belt. That being said the #4 cyl showed P0304 and so I did the following items.
Replaced all four plugs
replaced all four fuel injectors
ran compressiion test 120 psi
changed the # ***** wire to the # ***** position, no change
put a noid on the fuel injector wire
took a can of brake cleaner and looked for an intake leak
replaced the coil
spraded salt water on coil
took plug out and checked the spark
the motor runs on the three cylinders fine
I am out of things too try.
Tom
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
hello there I'm Wolfgang here to assist. what scan tool are you using please? is that the only fault stored? please let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am just using a cheep OBD2 tool, but it is the only code stored. I have a snap-on tool but I didn't think it made any difference. I clear the code before doing anything new to the motor.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
ok do you have euro loaded in your snap on scanner ? if do use expert mode and then use 01 engine electronics then scan the vehicle for codes and then after wards can you give me readings at measured value blocks #015 and 016 while running?