Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE & Bosch master tech. 30 years experience.
13230946

Volkswagen Beetle: 2004 beetle won't crank. Battery is hot.

Customer Question

2004 beetle won't crank. Battery is hot. All lights come on but will not turn over. No clicking
Category: VW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Was running fine no starting problems. Got in car and nothing. Wipers turn on windows go up and down and radio turns on
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. It sounds like the starter motor or the ignition switch may have failed. If you have a good battery and good cable connections and there is no sound from the starter motor when you turn the key I would suspect either a bad starter motor or a bad ignition switch. A voltage test needs to be performed at the small wire going to the starter solenoid when the key is turned to the start position. If there is battery voltage at the small wire the starter will need to be replaced. If there is no voltage the ignition switch will need to be checked.
Let me know if you have any questions. Please remember that you must click on a rating for my service in order for me to receive credit for helping you today.
Marty