Martin, auto electrical
Experience:  South African Trade Diploma in Auto Electrical
47606789

Volkswagen: , I ahev an EPC light that is showing up on the

Customer Question

Hi, I ahev an EPC light that is showing up on the dash of my Passat 1.8 04 wagon. Just trying to figure out if its safe to do a long drive before I can get it into the mechanics shop.
Category: VW
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Welcome to Just Answer.The EPC light stand for a fault with the engine management system. I do not think that you should drive the car for a long distance. There might be something wrong with the Crank shaft sensor or camshaft sensor and it might lead to engine damage .Greetings,Martin.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Martin, I appreciate your frankness on the matter
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
I now it must be hard to hear but there is no beating around the bush with this type of thing. It will/might leave you stranded on the open road.
Greetings,
Martin.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
If you need more information please do not hesitate to ask...or if you are happy with the answer please rate my answer as that is how I get paid.
Greetings,
Martin.