vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

Volkswagen Jetta tdi: have a 06 Jetta TDI Auto Trans. Went

Customer Question

have a 06 Jetta TDI Auto Trans. Went to shift into gear today and had no reverse and when in the drive position only 1st I think. Gear position lights on dash are flashing.
Category: VW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just over 150,000 miles on vehicle. seems to be more of an electrical issue than an internal trans issue
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.
Ok the reason the lights are lid solid and flashing is because your transmission is inn limp mode because you have trouble codes stored in the transmission control module you will need a vw capable scan tool to retrieve the trouble codes in the transmission control module and see what they are you may have a bad transmission sensor or broken wires at the connectors in the front of the transmission .I hope this helps.PLEASE DONT FORGET TO PROVIDE POSITIVE FEEDBACK FOR THE HELP PROVIDED WE AS EXPERTS RELY ON THIS FOR OUR FAMILY THANK YOU