Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Experience:  Trainer 8+ years, Master tech. 10+ , SAE member
30385560

Volkswagen: I have a 2008 VW Passat 2.0 T, I was checking the

Customer Question

I have a 2008 VW Passat 2.0 T, I was checking the fuses in b panel, passenger side, third row going up blue, yellow and green, when I went to put the green fuse replacement back in the female contacts were not there and the fuse doesn't plug in, the car won't start. ok
Category: VW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a 2007
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a 30 amp fuse
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this. Feel free to ask, if further info is needed. Is it the fuse panel inside the vehicle? (on the passenger side of the dash)
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Why was the fuse removed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since I was replacing the fuse next to it I checked some other fuses and this was one of them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes its on the passenger side
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was trying to get the cigerette lighter to work, and this was the 30 amp fuse next to it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
prior to it not going back in the vehicle was starting good
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Next to the cigarette lighter, on the passenger side dashboard fuse box, this would be the fuse for the fuel pump module.
Without it the vehicle would not start.
First, check if any blank fuse place has female contacts, this would need to have a fuse in it.
Having checked those (maybe you got the wrong location), then you would need to remove the fuse box, and insert the female connectors from the back in their place, and refit and insert the fuse.
I have had a few VW with the same problem (female contacts slipping out to the back.
Kindly get back to me with your findings, or if further assistance is needed.
Thank you for your trust! Get back to me if you need more assistance...Thank you in advance for the positive rating...
http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/