Kevin
Kevin, VW Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw/ audi specialist
84635724

Volkswagen Golf GLS TDI: Tim, My 2002 vw tdi has been

Customer Question

Hi Tim,
My 2002 vw tdi has been giving a p108 code periodically. But only in the morning after night time cool down. Never in the afternoon.
Yesterday I got a new code p0101.... Probably hose leak have not checked yet.
Can these two codes be intermiguiled? Or related in some way?
Also is the map code always an indication of a bad part? Or should I be worried about something else?
Category: VW
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Kevin. I agree both codes are linked id be surprised if you have sensor failure they both suggest low vacumme normally caused by vacumme leak you need to check this first I suspect you have a hose leaking somewhere
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not at the car..... Let's assume that p0101 is the air cleaner hose.Where should I start looking for the leak in regards ***** ***** map code?
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Both will be in the same place the car is basically trying to tell you that the air monitored from air flow doesn't match the manifold pressures so somewhere between air box and inlet manifold you are likely to have a vacumme leak
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Have you had any luck with the car yet do you need further assistance I'm still here if you need me please also remember to rate my service