Martin, auto electrical
Experience:  South African Trade Diploma in Auto Electrical
47606789

VW Touareg: I put a deposit down on a VW #touareg 2.5 TDI 2003

Customer Question

I put a deposit down on a VW #touareg 2.5 TDI 2003 last night , but noticed water dripping on passenger side from under bonnet onto floor......seller said it was an overflow when air con was used....would this be correct? is it common? If not What else would it be?
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: VW
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer.The position where you describe the dripping taking place is exactly where the frost drain from the evaporator takes place. I would say the seller's statement is correct.This is a normal situation when the air conditioner is used for a period of time. Ice particles form on the evaporator and when you switch off the air conditioner the ice starts melting, causing the dripping.Greetings,Martin.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Did my answer satisfy you. If you need more information please do not hesitate to ask.
Greetings,
Martin.