vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

VW GTI: Is it possible to increase the steering effort of a

Customer Question

Is it possible to increase the steering effort of a 2013 VW GTI mk6? If so, how exactly can this be done. I'm hoping there's a way to use a VAG-COM device to decrease the steering assist.
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.
You will need to go into control module 44 and then Adaption channel 1 then you will see theta more then likely it is set to the # ***** you can change them between 1-5 but this is totally up to you and you know if any damage is done with coding the warranty more then likely will be voided for this part you are trying to adjust good luck . I hope this helps.PLEASE DONT FORGET TO PROVIDE POSITIVE FEEDBACK FOR THE HELP PROVIDED WE AS EXPERTS RELY ON THIS FOR OUR FAMILY THANK YOU