Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

Volkswagen New Beetle: 03 VW Beetle. 2.0. 180K, 5 sp. Drove

Customer Question

03 VW Beetle. 2.0. 180K, 5 sp. Drove home after work with no issues. The next morning, would barely start and immediately stall. New fuel filter and fuel pump, still the same. Any ideas?
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
Hello there! I'm Wolfgang ! I will try to assist you as much as I can.
when it start and stall is there any yellow flashing light on in the dashboard where the speedo is at?
please let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. Just checked. The yellow light that looks like an outline of the car flashes.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
Ok that is the immobilizer. Have you tried the other key to see if it starts and runs?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Bought this car used with only one key. Is it worth fixing with so many miles and is it possible?
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
Well it will need to be towed to the dealer to see what part of the immobilizer is the issue. Sometimes it's the key to immobilizer module( instrument cluster). The factory scan tool with Vw server connection is needed to isolate the root cause It can be a cheap to an expensive repair.