chris
chris, Expert VW technician
Experience:  Almost 10 years experiance, top technician western region, Team leader
31662608

Volkswagen Toureg: My toureg begins having a vibration once

Customer Question

My toureg begins having a vibration once I reach a speed of 115K the vibration intensifies when I am going down hill and almost stops when I am going up hill.
The wheels have been balanced and the same issue exists with my winter tires which are on different rims.
The situation started when I had my summer tires installed, I have had the situation looked at three times over the past two weeks with no results including the volkwagen dealer.
Category: VW
Expert:  chris replied 1 year ago.
There is a tech tip from Volkswagen about this issue. It gives the technician an exact way to put the wheel on the car to eliminate vibration because if you are not careful the wheel will not be centered in the hub. Mention this to your dealer and have them perform this action. Also call Volkswagen customer care if you are not getting a satisfactory answer from your dealer they will help on your behalf to make sure the dealer fixes this problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After lots of research we feel the problem is related to weights on the drive shaft.