vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

Volkswagen Passat: we have a 2000 VW Passat gls 2.8L vin WVWMD23B5YP2

Customer Question

we have a 2000 VW Passat gls 2.8L vin WVWMD23B5YP218954. No power to fuel pump or fuse 28. No power to fuse 29. FP relay was bad, new one tested and installed. Power on 30 of relay is good. Inconsistent power to fuse 28. No fuel to the engine. Pump will cycle one and then shut off. New fuel filter and pump. Do you think it is the ECM ground? Checked engine timing fuses with a multimeter and they appear fine. Cranks, won't fire.
Category: VW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No power to pump when cranking. Key turns back to on position the test light flashes power to the connector at the fuel pump and fuse 28 and then goes off.
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Problem was resolved prior to response.