chris
chris, Expert VW technician
Experience:  Almost 10 years experiance, top technician western region, Team leader
31662608

Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T: -I have a 2009 Jetta TDI with

Customer Question

Hello -
I have a 2009 Jetta TDI with 139k that my dealer is telling me that I have to replace the DPF (6-7k) because the MIL light is on. Using my own VAG I get code 001148 - Exhaust Pressure Sensor 2. I can also have the VAG turn the DPF light on and off.
Based on that I am going to replace the following part from a dealer that is reputable out of Texas; PRESSURE SENSOR - 2009 Volkswagen Jetta (076906051A). Does this make sense to do?
I would also like to know if there are two of these in the car. I see conflicting information on several different forums.
If this makes sense to do, is there a video online to do this?
Thanks for your help.
Jeff
Category: VW
Expert:  chris replied 1 year ago.
There are two. One is near the coolant tank that should be sensor 1 the other is near the firewall with the foil heat shield that is 2
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you believe this is a worthwhile corse of action in your opinion?
Thanks
Expert:  chris replied 1 year ago.
Yes we replace them all the time at my dealer in my opinion there is nothing wrong with your dpf this sensor should take care of the fault you have.