peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

Volkswagen Jetta: My car electric died and I can't open the

Customer Question

My car electric died and I can't open the trunk. It is a rental the car just stalled and seized up. I can't get anything to work and I have stuff in the trunk I need to get out before the tow it.
Category: VW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
On some models the trunk has a manual key release cylinder that can be rotated with a key blade which is usually the key itself for the ignition or on the key itself for the ignition (sometimes where the key ring is located it may release to give you a key blade) to then use to open the trunk.Check and see if your model uses the key cylinder and blade at the trunk to open the trunk.If this is not an option or does not have the key cylinder to open the trunk let me know.
Thanks Pete