vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

Volkswagen Beetle: my name is ***** ***** beetle looks like side

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** beetle looks like side panels have been removed top was working when wepurchased it used now want do any thing.i have reset it still not working.checked power switch and have voltage on green, gray. gray when light on but not on orange wire when working switch.
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer!!!
When you try to operate the top does the light on the overhead display blink ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes it,s blinks whether you operate top or not.top was working with light blinking and I have felt inside right windshield opening for sensor and don,t feel one there.wife bought car about a month ago and light was blinking then but top worked.
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.
The light blinking indicates there are trouble codes stored in the top control module. You will need a capable Volkswagen scan tool to check these faults and see what trouble codes do you have stored in there. There are about 12 different Micro switches that make the top work you need these trouble codes to see which one has failed. Please do not forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided we as experts rely on this for our families
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we don,t have a local vw dealer so I will have to find someone that can read codes then I will get back to you.
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.
No problem
They have to use a Vw capable scan tool a generic will not work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven,t had a chance to get car to dealer to read codes and can,t rate your service since no repairs have been made.I hope to get cat to dealer next week and will be in touch as soon as i have codes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok got fault codes read.02000 switch position.02461 position sensor for right linkage flap position sensor.02471 switch for window down.00935 right rear window.
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.
Have there been any issues with the right rear window or the right rear flap ??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no window works fine,looks like flaps have been removed,I did find a piece of linkage about 4 inches long with a ball socket with a 45 degree angle laying on floor under right seat.i use to be able to do reset and could here a click behind right rear door panel but I don,t here that anymore.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also a component location diagram would be helpful.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK RIGHT WINDOW DID QUIT WORKING,REGILATOR BROKE HAVE ONE ORDERED.I NOTICED THAT THERE IS A SMALL ELECTRIC MOTOR LOOKS LIKE IT FOR TOP DOWN LOCK?NEVER SEEN IT WORK.
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.
You need to get the window working properly first , is the motor located on the rear flap ?