gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified
12249065

I have a 2010 VW jetta sportwagon; my engine has stalled out

Customer Question

I have a 2010 VW jetta sportwagon; my engine has stalled out several times! Scarey when you have a child with you. What could be the problem.
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.
Is this a manual transmission, or do you have the DSG transmission (will just have PRNDS on shifter, with ability to shift up and down manually when in D "gate")
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is an automatic. and yes with DSG transmission
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The AC was running too when this happened. Started right back
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ARE YOU STILL THERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.
Did it just shut off, or stumble below 750rpm and then die? Do you have a check engine light on when driving at all, or before this happens?
Some common issues I have seen are a fuel pump that is not putting enough fuel to the rail, causing it to suddenly cut off, or a fault fuel pressure regulator valve, which is dumping too much pressure from the rail.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It just cut off.
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.
OK- and were you slowing down for a stop, or to take a corner? slowing, then re-accelerating (like a rolling stop at a stop sign?)
Bear in mind that this could be a number of issues and you may have to bring it in to the dealership- but I would like you to be as well informed as possible if that has to happen. If you still have powertrain warranty on this vehicle we can see if it may be something that will be covered.