vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

Volkswagen Jetta: Have a 2008 Jetta, the alarm keeps going

Customer Question

Have a 2008 Jetta, the alarm keeps going off whenever I unlock or lock the car with either the manual key or the remote. Nothing I can do seems to turn off the alarm other than just waiting a bit. Also the little red light on the side of the key blinks for a while, not sure what that means but seems like it might be relevant. When this first happened it was just the remote, for a day I just did it manually with the key and it was a doable work around, then for some reason I unlocked the car with the key, the windows (all four) rolled halfway down, so I reached in and opened the door from the inside, the alarm goes off, and now it goes off whether I use the remote or the manual key. The alarm also goes off when I turn the car off. Any help would be amazing.
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer!!!
Check the drivers side door harness by the front drivers door hinge under the black grommet that's between the door and frame of the car you will need to unplug the Orange and black connector and physically check the wires it's common for them to break if that checks out more then likely you have a bad drivers door latch in the door . I hope this helps please don't forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided we as experts rely on this thank you