Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience
2947720

I replaced crankcase breather hose from top to bottom after

Customer Question

I replaced crankcase breather hose from top to bottom after it's been cracked and leaking for who knows how long now while car is in gear and at a stop car runs rough with no trouble codes. Any advise?
Category: VW
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Hello there;
Welcome to our site. I just finished reading your question and I need a little more information. Can you please let me know;
-What year is your Car?
-What make and model is your Car?
-What type of engine is in your Car?
-What have you already tried?
And thank you for trusting me with your problem. I am passionate about what I do and am looking forward to helping you in any way I can.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
04 be Jetta 1.8 turbo have not tried anything yet may add injector cleaner like sea foam
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
I see, thanks. The fuel system cleaner wouldn't hurt but normally a rough idle or idle fluctuation will be from deposits in the throttle body. A leaking crankcase breather hose will contribute to that sort of condition.
.
Normally a good throttle body cleaning will help that, but there has been a factory service bulletin on them as well.
.
Here is a link to the TSB.
.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lhj08230q49p6l1/Idle%20fluctuation%20Jetta.pdf?dl=0
.
Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.
.
Thanks and come again, anytime.
.