Martin, auto electrical
Experience:  South African Trade Diploma in Auto Electrical
47606789

Volkswagen: 03 jetta tdi car starts then stalls seems to run

Customer Question

03 jetta tdi car starts then stalls seems to run out of fuel .filter fuel seems to stay full but runs for a little then stops every time you try starting it does this fuel filter is a year old is their two pumps in system and which one is the problem their is power to the main pump when it does this it doesn't lose power car has 300000 km on it.
Category: VW
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am at your service to assist with your VW problems. Welcome to Just Answer.
If you test the lift pump it should deliver between 6-7 psi when the engine run. If you test this with a pressure gauge and you find that the pressure is not at this spec then you will have to replace the pump.
I do not think there are problems with the high pressure pump as then the engine will not start.
I hope this information will assist you but if you need more please do not hesitate to ask.
Greetings,
Martin.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hey martin still have not got to problem on 03 jetta tdi A L H engine changed sending unit in tank but that is just a one way valve ? THE MOTOR seems to run for a minute then smokes really bad almost like blowbye coming out around front off engine and tailpipe smokes the whole shop up seems like fuel in engine oil could this be a brokin ring or maybe flooded to much fuel seems to have fuel pressure at the injectors by cracking lines what to do next?

Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hi Randy,
Wow it would seem there is a problem in the motor. What color is the smoke? If it is white it's over fueling. Blue/black is engine oil. A broken ring/s will cause a bad misfire ruff noisy operation.
Greetings,
Martin.