peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have 2oo2 vw jetta 2.ol i have to drive in highway over

Customer Question

hi i have 2oo2 vw jetta 2.ol i have to drive in highway over 100km speed. the RBM going to over 3000 why?
Category: VW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If your check engine light has come on with this issue here this fault may be due to a shift solenoid in the transmission that isn't allowing an up shift causing this fault or possibly an issue with the transmission valve body or another internal mechanical fault in the transmission not allowing an up shift.I would start with having the fault codes checked in all computers to see what codes are set.From there the codes can then be diagnosed to locate and repair this fault.If you can get the codes checked and post the code info here this will help just let me know.
Thanks Pete