John, VW Technician
Experience:  ASE Master tech, VW master tech
20104412

Volkswagen Jetta GLI: I have a 2013 VW Jetta GLI, (2.0 turbo)

Customer Question

I have a 2013 VW Jetta GLI, (2.0 turbo) with 67K miles. When cold the engine is rough at idle and error codes P0300, P0303 and P0304 have come up. The local VW dealer says that it is because of carbon build up on the intake and the only way to rectify the problem is to manual clean them at a cost of $1,200. My regular mechanic says that I should not have such an issue with such a new car and low miles. Any suggestions?
Category: VW
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for choosing Just answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your vehicle
It is very common for carbon to buildup on the intake valves. Normally we use a BG intake clean and run it through the intake. Normally this takes care of the cold start misfires. But if the carbon build up is really bad then you have to take the intake off and use a abrasive bush to clean it off
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Making a deposit doesn't pay me. If you’re satisfied with this answer, I would appreciate it if you would take the time to rate my service accordingly, as this is how I get paid. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the BG intake something that can be done by me, or does it have to be done by a mechanic?
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
By a mechanic, it get put into the intake system. BG110 is the aggressive stuff. Have to change the oil after complete the induction service. But it gets rid of the carbon.
If you’re satisfied with this answer, I would appreciate it if you would take the time to rate my service accordingly, as this is how I get paid. Thank you
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Is there anything else you need?
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
I would like to get paid for helping you