Martin, auto electrical
Experience:  South African Trade Diploma in Auto Electrical
47606789

Volkswagen Jetta 2.5: I have been having a problem lately with

Customer Question

I have been having a problem lately with my 2007 Jetta not starting randomly. And three weeks ago I was driving in stop-and-go traffic for a mile when it shut down only to restart immediately. I have a new battery, full tank of gas, new oil change, and the engine turns over but won't start
Category: VW
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am at your service to assist with your VW problems. Welcome to Just Answer.
This could be the crank shaft sensor. The sensor works in a rather hot area of the engine and the heat does damage the internal wiring spool. This damage cause the signal the get weaker and the ECM engine control module has a hard time reading the engine speed. If the signal is to weak then the ECM cut the engine to protect it. The sensor can be tested with a VAC-COM scanner tool to ensure that indeed it is the fault.
This should answer your question but if you need more information do not hesitate to ask.
Greetings,
Martin.