Martin, auto electrical
Experience:  South African Trade Diploma in Auto Electrical
47606789

Volkswagen Tiguan S: I have a 2010 VW Tiguan. Transmission

Customer Question

I have a 2010 VW Tiguan. Transmission hesitates to engage. Any ideas as to what is happening?
Category: VW
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am at your service to assist with your VW problems. Welcome to Just Answer.
The electrical solenoids that selects the gears and lock the torque converter becomes sticky and at times they also overheat as the transmission fluid get's rather hot when driving in traffic selecting the gears up and down.
The oil filter inside the transmission also becomes clocked with all the iron filings form gears.
To rectify this one need to remove all the old fluid and then remove the oil pan on the transmission. the solenoid bank can also be removed cleaned and all the solenoids can be inspected to see that they are still in a good condition. The oil filter is also inside the transmission and can also be replaced at the same time.
I hope this gives you a good over view but should you need more information do not hesitate to ask.
Greetings,
Martin.