Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Volkswagen Jetta GLI 16-Valve: 2006 VW jetta GLI 2.0 turbo

Customer Question

2006 VW jetta GLI 2.0 turbo cooling fans not working after putting new ones checked all fuses they all good temp gauge in dash working fine , did let car idle until temp reached 220 degrees and fan not working unfortunately ac not working at the moment so I couldn't active a/C is there any temp sensor for the fans that is not sending signal to ecm ? Any clues thank you
Category: VW
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.

I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.

Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.

I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.

If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.

Thanks Chris

Do you have a diagnostic tool that can check the computers temp reading signal as well as to see if the computer is commanding the fans on, prior to use doing wire testing?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris