sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Yes

Customer Question

yes
Category: VW
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 2 years ago.
Hi there, Can you please tell me the year,make, model and what information you are after please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
2001 volkswagon passat 1.8t car has new engine but wont move check the trans fluid and the neutral saftey switch but ran my scan tool and got a po730 code. si i pulled back the carpet and it was wet the tcm had some water in it casing will it cause the car not to move into any gears
OK I need to send you to the proper category for a trained VW expert to assist you. Please stand by.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! An electrical issue should never prevent a transmission from engaging, but having water in the TCM isn't a normal failure either. P0730 sets when the TCM has identified a gear ratio error - it knows the trans is slipping and has set a code. The problem is most likely a mechanical or hydraulic failure in the trans, but if there was water in the TCM I would recommend replacing it first.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Today I noticed that I didn't even need the key in the ignition and the gear shifter moves without my foot on the break
That would be a failure of the ignition and brake interlock and should be unrelated to the trans problem.