vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I have a 07 VW GTI. Recently Ive been having the oil

Customer Question

I have a 07 VW GTI. Recently Ive been having the oil pressure sensor go off after driving for about an hour. It only goes off after reducing speed and only for a moment then does not come back on. Ive check the oil and it looks good. Could this be a PCV
problem? Or could this be a problem with the pick up pipe? Or something else? Also if I wanted to resolve the faulty PCV design permanently, and was also planning on upgrading the turbo, should I go with a revamp plate or catch can?
Category: VW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also My DV is bad. But im not sure if this can cause an oil pressure sensor to trip.
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.
The catch can would be the best set up , but before you do any of that upgrading you need to find out why the oil pressure light is coming on , you need to check the the oil pressure when the engine is hot to why the light is coming on , more then likely you have a issue with the oil pick up tube if that is fine and the light is still coming on then you more then likely have a internal engine issue where the crank journals will need to be checked and including the crank bearings also. I hope this helps.PLEASE DONT FORGET TO PROVIDE POSITIVE FEEDBACK FOR THE HELP PROVIDED WE RELY ON THIS FOR OUR FAMILY THANK YOU
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so it couldnt be the pcv causing the light to come on at all? I think its still factory.
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.
No the pcv system will not cause this issue with the oil light coming on have the parts i have mentioned checked out you dont want to be driving the car with the oil pressure light coming on .PLEASE DONT FORGET TO PROVIDE POSITIVE FEEDBACK FOR THE HELP PROVIDED WE AS EXPERTS RELY ON THIS FOR OUR FAMILY THANK YOU