vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T: I just bought a 2006 VW jetta 2.0t from

I just bought a 2006 VW jetta 2.0t from a used lot. A few things have been wrong with it already and the check engine light is on. So far I've needed to have an idle regulator put in and a breather valve replaced. Needless to say I'm a little skeptical and worried about the condition of the car. Its got 131000 miles on it which is quite a lot but it was semi cheap. When I try to accelerate hard there is no power. I barely move forward and the car shakes. I have had the codes checked and there have been misfires in cylinder 1 3 and 4 but I was told that would be fixed once the breather valve is replaced as it has a massive leak. on top of all of this, when driving it home tonight I took an exit ramp with a hard turn and my oil pressure warning light came on. With everything that is going wrong with the car, I am worried that this is more than just a low oil level situation. Does this sound like something I seriously need to worry about? or is it just because I took the turn too hard or something. Also, would replacing a leaking breather valve fix a cylinder misfire? all the spark plugs, ignition coils have been replaced and a smoke test determined that the only leak is the breather valve/cap.
Welcome to Just Answer!!!

ok is the engine still running rough after the crankcase breather valve replacement ?? also make sure the oil level is correct more then likely the oil level is low thats why the light cam on. I hope this helps I will await for your response .

Positive feedback is highly appreciated thank you