vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

2004 Passat 1.8t battery died and replaced.Now locks,windows,sunroof

2004 Passat 1.8t battery died and replaced.Now locks,windows,sunroof etc. inoperable. Checked fuses,CCM & wiring and all OK. DYI fix?

Chris :

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I will try and assist you with your question.

Chris :

I really only have one thing for you to try since it seems that you have checked a lot already. Unhook your battery again, Both terminals off and away from the battery. Touch the two terminals together as it will dump any capacitors in the modules. It should not take much but you could leave them together for a minute or two. Then hook it back up and try again. This is a thought that I have seen fix things like this. If it does not work let me know and I will see if we can find someone to help you. Thanks

Customer:

Tried your suggestion a couple of times without success. Do you have a guesstimate what the Dealer would

Customer:

Tried your suggestion a couple of times without success. Do you have an estimate what the dealer would charge to fix my problem?

dlmcbm :

Sorry that did not fix it. It was a shot in the dark.

dlmcbm :

The dealer charge would denpend on your location as to what there labor rate is and what the actual problem is.

dlmcbm :

I can opt-out to see if someone else has any ideas if you would like.

Customer:

Please pass this along to see if anyone else has a suggestion. Thanks for your effort.

dlmcbm :

No problem. Opting out now so just wait for someone else to reply. Have a great day.

Welcome to Just Answer!!!

Do you still need help on this issue ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

2004 Passat 1.8t battery replaced. Now locks,windows and everything else on the CCM inoperable.

Checked fuses & investigated for water damage of CCM & associated wiring but all dry and appear in pristine condition. DIY fix, or at least a way to get the fuel lid open before I run out of gas.

To get the fuel
Door open you have to manually get into the trunk either fold the rear seats down to get to the inner pull or try using the key , then remove the passenger side trunk trim panel to get access to the fuel door actuator and open it manually . Please double check fuse #14 on side panel fuse back and report back to me thank you
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience: VW Master Technician VW Certified
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks 0405,

I was about to pull up the carpet again and inspect every single wire and connection until I found the problem when (as you've suggested) I thought I'd first double check the fuses. F38 & F6 were OK and F14 also looked good until I put my reading glasses on and found a hairline space in the link. Replaced it & now all is good. If I had not double checked I could have grown a beard trying to find a wiring fault-and then come in empty handed to find your email. Thanks.

PS-Thanks also for the tip on accessing the fuel door if all else had failed.