Martin, auto electrical
Experience:  South African Trade Diploma in Auto Electrical

Volkswagen Passat 4 Motion: hello I have a Volkswagen Passat

hello I have a Volkswagen Passat 2001 4 motion the heat works very low, has no heat but has enough coolant
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am at your service to assist with your VW problems. Welcome to Just Answer.

This to me means that the thermostat is staying open and does not regulate the coolant temp. The only way to test this is by removing the thermostat. The thermostat should now be closed. Use a container on a stove plate or old kettle to boil water in, hang the thermostat into the boiling water and it should open up.
The location of the thermostat is in the bottom radiator hose where it lodge onto the cylinder block.
this should get you going but if you need more information do not hesitate to ask.
hello Jesus,

Thank you for the rating and remember if you need more information just request me.