vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

Volkswagen vw: i have a 2005 new beetle i changed the spark

i have a 2005 new beetle i changed the spark plugs. then changed out the fuel filter. the car will not start and i do not know how to purge the gas lines?
Category: VW
Expert:  Neal replied 10 months ago.
Hello I'm Neal and I am here to help resolve your issue. If I cannot help I will opt out and refer your question to another expert.

It will purge itself when the pump cycles on. Do you hear the pump come on for a couple seconds when you first turn the key on?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

no i do not so what do i do now?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

what do i do if i dont here the fuel pump?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
i changed my spark plugs then i changed my fuel filter car will not start. was asked if i heard the fuel pump when i turned on the key i said no . so i need to know what to know what to do next.
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 10 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer!!!

Did you install the fuel filter the correct way ??
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

yes it has 3 lines to this one and it would be hard to install wrong

Ok just making sure , do you have fuel pressure going to the engine ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

how do i check that?

Look where the fuel lines go into the fuel rail remove the fuel line and crank the engine and see if you have fuel pressure coming out of the line while someone else cranks the vehicle
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

ok i pulled the fuel line off the fuel rail then turned the key to on and no gas came out . so how do i verify that my fuel pump is not working?

Ok remove the rear seat bottom on you will have to get access to the fuel pump check the fuel pump connector make sure you have power while cranking if you have power and ground and no fuel pressure then you will need a new fuel pump i hope this helps .

Positive feedback is highly appreciated thank you
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience: VW Master Technician VW Certified