vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

Volkswagen Jetta 2.5: Got a 2009 Jetta 2.5/5 CYL/6 SP AUTO.

Got a 2009 Jetta 2.5/5 CYL/6 SP AUTO. Car runs fine when first start up.

After 10 miles or so car develops vibration on drivers side front wheel area with slight loss of power.

Seems to be coming somewhere from transmission to wheel. Cannot tell exactly where.
Welcome to Just Answer!!!

Where do you feel the vibration at ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You can feel most of it directly through the accelerator pedal. From what I can determine the vibration is ONLY coming from the driver's side wheel area. There is no real noise. The transmission shifts smooth, but once the vibration starts it will down shift a little rough, like it is catching on something. Once it starts, it gets to a certain degree of vibration and stays there, it does not seem to get worse. I do not believe it is the transmission itself, but I do not know a lot about these DSG trannys, so I guess it is possible. The problem seems to reside someplace in between where the transmission sends power to the wheel and the wheel itself. Does this particular problem seem to be something you might have heard from before?

Hello Andrew we have seen issues where the axle joints start to cause this issue where they are getting worn out and causing this vibration that the customers feel , the best way to diagnose this issue is to raise the vehicle on a hoist and drive it on a lift to see the issue first hand from the bottom of the vehicle I hope this helps .

Positive feedback is highly appreciated thank you