Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE & Bosch master tech. 30 years experience.

Chevrolet: working on a 1999 Volkswagen turn signals

working on a 1999 Volkswagen turn signals emergency flasher...checked #2 fuse it is good. what is my problem ? Also how do I disconnect my GPS? It keeps killing the battery.thanks
Hi, as long as fuse 2 has power the problem will be the hazard switch. The switch also contains the flasher for the signals and hazards. I do not show your car having a factory installed GPS. Is this an aftermarket system?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I believe the customer did say something about it being an after market GPS. Where is this hazard switch located? Thanks

The hazard switch is right below the a/c control. Click here for the replacement procedure.

If the GPS is an aftermarket unit you will just need to follow the wiring to see where the installer picked up the power from and disconnect it there.