vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

Volkswagen Golf: i need to find out the radio code for my vw

i need to find out the radio code for my vw Golf tdi. VIN number 9bwgp61j734009298 and also the coding for my comfort control module
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer!!!

The comfort module is already coded if used if its still not working check fuse #14 make sure it is not blown for the radio i will need the 14 digit serial # XXXXX the back of the radio to provide the radio code
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience: VW Master Technician VW Certified
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This is, I believe, the radio info VWZ5Z7B5029712. The CCM is coded, but I believe wrong or for another car. I need to know what it should be coded, for my car. These can be recoded, right? My previous ccm was garbage and I couldn't get the coding off of it. The fuse is good, and most of my options are working but my drivers rear door is not operating at all. I wanted to make sure the coding was right before I dug into everything. Thanks for the help

Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.
Did the part #s match the same on the ccm from your older one ??
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.
Ray radio code is 0372

positive feedback is highly appreciated thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes the part number was the same, but i ran into the coding problem with my airbag module. It was the same part number but coding was different. I bought a vag com from ross tech and should be able to recode it if necessary.

Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.
The comfort module if the part # XXXXX XXXXX same then its coded the same you had a issue with the airbag module because each module has a index # XXXXX are different the comfort modules are not like this . The radio code is listed above please dont forget to provide positive feedback thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info, as soon as I get the radio in, I will rate

Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.
no problem please dont forget we rely on it thank you