gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified

Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T: Hello I was wanting to know what the

Hello I was wanting to know what the problem could be with my car for a while now the red temperature light was blinking indicating that it was overheating but the needle was showing in the middle where it should be so I thought it was probably just a sensor issue cause I had a crank sensor issue a while back I had to replace now the needle is also in the red and temperature light is blinking so I immediately pulled over and turned off the car. Even with the car turned off the needle that was in the red went down to the middle so I'm so confused and really need to get this fixed do you know what this could be?

gomi_otaku :

Pull the connector off the reservoir and make sure that coolant isn't seeping into the connector pins. Make sure the coolant level is correct.

gomi_otaku :

Make sure that your fans are turning on when you get to operating temperature- or turn on your A/C, fans should always be on when A/C is on.

Does the temperature gage reading a high temperature along with the temperature warning light blinking as well absolutely mean its overheating? Also keep in mind this happens periodically with the warning light and the temperature needle not showing that.

Thanks checked the coolant and that's what it was level was really low.