gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified

Volkswagen Beetle Turbo S: I am trying to diagnose an evap

I am trying to diagnose an evap leak on an 03 vw beetle with a smoke machine and want to open and close evap controls. However my tool requires a 3 digit code for live data and active tests. Can you give me a list of 3 digit codes for all the evap solenoids so i can close and open them to make sure i am getting the most out of my testing?

gomi_otaku :

If you are referring to the readiness tests, 071 will run the LDP pump test, and 070 will run the N80 Purge valve flow test (both with engine running)

gomi_otaku :

If you are using a smoke machine, typically all you have to do is remove the RR wheel housing liner and clamp off the fresh air intake line. If you have calibrated your machine to register a leak (indicator will drop if leak is plugged) then I would start off clamping off the N80 purge valve, then go through and methodically clamp off feed lines from the EVAP charcoal canister to the LDP, to the N80, etc. Using smoke visually, I would remove the gas tank top access port inside the vehicle so you can check the fuel feed and return lines.

i clamped off the fresh air line and had smoke coming from body of ldp pump. Those readiness codes will help but do you know the codes for the same parts to be seen as live data?

gomi_otaku :

If the fresh air is clamped off, and it still leaks out of the LDP, then the LDP is cracked