VWDoc
VWDoc, Independent VW Shop owner
Experience:  20 years of experience working with VW's. Independent European shop owner and technician.
14582033

Volkswagen: Can you test AC system with vagcom on 2005 Jet

Customer Question

Can you test AC system with vagcom on 2005 Jetta?
Category: VW
Expert:  VWDoc replied 1 year ago.

VWDoc :

Hello, I'm Jason. I will do my best to answer your question quickly and accurately using the information you have provided.

VWDoc :

early or late 05? Meaning MkIV or MkV?

VWDoc :

Also which climate control? Dials or electronic?

Customer:

Early and dials

VWDoc :

Ok, so MkIV, manual. Have you tried connecting to address 08 already?

VWDoc :

Does it time out on connecting?

Customer:

yes and no response from controller

VWDoc :

Ok, that's what I figured, so full manual.

VWDoc :

which means that address 08 doesn't exist in this one

VWDoc :

what's going on with it?

Customer:

k

Customer:

System is full but clutch not engaging. car only has 125k miles

Customer:

tried high pressure switch as well

VWDoc :

In a lot of cases, the high pressure switch.....

VWDoc :

heh, nevermind

VWDoc :

does the AC button light up when you press it?

Customer:

yes

VWDoc :

ok, let me take a quick look at wiring

VWDoc :

2.0, I assume? BBW or BEV engine?

Customer:

diesel bew

VWDoc :

oh ok...thanks

VWDoc :

how are the fuses on top of the battery? Make sure the box isn't internally melted at all

Customer:

excellent very clean

VWDoc :

And fuses 5 and 25 in the panel at the end of the dash?

Customer:

yes good

VWDoc :

have you directly jumped the compressor to see if the clutch isn't fried?

Customer:

no how do i do that?

VWDoc :

Jump power to the green/white wire on the compressor itself.

VWDoc :

You could have a bad cooling fan relay. You know that big silver box for the fan control and such?

Customer:

yep ill try jumping

VWDoc :

sounds good. Now I'm off to start pulling a Ferrari engine. The joy....

VWDoc :

I'll convert to email format if you need to respond later

VWDoc, Independent VW Shop owner
Experience: 20 years of experience working with VW's. Independent European shop owner and technician.
Expert:  VWDoc replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I put a test light on green wire and it blinks every 4 seconds. Whats up with that?

Expert:  VWDoc replied 1 year ago.
Not positive. Test lights aren't really recommended here, as they supply a very small amount of voltage to the circuit. Multimeter is best.

Did you try to directly power the compressor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It was clutch. I replaced it and all is well

Expert:  VWDoc replied 1 year ago.
perfect. Thanks for the followup.

I'll be pretty scarce this weekend if you have anything new, just so you're aware.