Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Experience:  Trainer 8+ years, Master tech. 10+ , SAE member
30385560

Volkswagen Passat 2.0T: We have a 2007 VW Passat wagon (2.0T). The

We have a 2007 VW Passat wagon (2.0T).
The fuel filler door won't open. The switch on the driver's door is working (we can hear the actuator going) but the door simply won't pop open. With two people, one can activate the switch on the door while the other can pull the door open. Does it require a new actuator at the fule filler door or would lubrication resolve this?

Billy :

Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.

Billy :

The fuel door has a spring that pushes it out. Make sure when you try to close it, that it feels pushing out against you. If not, the door spring needs replacing (on the inside of the door).

Billy :

If the spring is working as it should, pushing the door outside. Then you should spray some grease or even WD40 on the actuator, and operate it a few times using the switch, with the door open. If the actuator ticks as it should, then it should work.

Billy :

If not, then the actuator requires replacement.

Billy :

Thank you for your trust! Get back to me if you need more assistance...Thank you in advance for the positive rating...
http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/

Billy :

Regards, Billy

Customer:

Thanks Billy. I'll check the action of the spring and narrow the issue from there.

Customer:

Just curious ... is it easy to replace either the spring or the actuator?

Billy :

Hello afain,

Billy :

again,

Billy :

i will include the details for these:

Billy :

Customer:

Great - thanks Billy.