vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

Volkswagen CC Sport: 09 vw cc will not crank. acts like key

09 vw cc will not crank. acts like key is not being recognized. Good bat of course. no relay clicks or any dash lights or instrument needle movement.radio will power up.door locks do work with fob.tried new bat in fob but no change
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer!!!

You have a common issue provide me your vehicles vin # XXXXX have to check is you have a recall open for this issue thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

09 vw cc vin as follows :wvwmL73c39e549568

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
running out of time
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay you have a issue with the steering column lock module these are common to cause this issue there was a recall for this module located on the steering column when they fail they have to be replaced and reprogrammed trough the dealer and usually vehicles get tower to the dealer with your same issue I have not had a chance yet to see if the recall is open on your vehicle yet since the Vw site is having issues at the moment I hope this helps positive feedback is highly appreciated thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you for the response. you are suggesting the module on the steering column is suspect? it would b very nice to know if the module and required programming are covered under a recall.2009 vehicle sounds a little old.can u bring up this info from VW website later?

Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.
Hold on ill try again
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.
The recall was already done in 8/31/2011 have this checked again one other thing is make sure the battery is full and good just incase it has dropped down overnight and the vehicle will not crank if the battery checks out the next step will be to check the module I suggested . I hope this helps positive feedback is highly appreciated thank you
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience: VW Master Technician VW Certified