Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

Volkswagen Jetta: 2002 jetta 2.0 trouble code is po 411 what

2002 jetta 2.0 trouble code is po 411 what is wrong?
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem solved. This code is usually caused by a broken hose going to combination valve or combination valve itself failing. It can also be caused by a failed air pump which you can test by jumping power directly to it. Check the Combination Valve for a broken or loose vacuum hose. Repair as necessary. Verify the Combination Valve opens fully when vacuum is applied to the diaphragm (use a hand held vacuum pump) and that the valve is not carbon fouled or restricted. Remove the valve and visually inspect condition and operation. Manually activate the AIR pump motor V101 and verify the AIR pump produces a large volume of output air. Manually activate the Secondary Air Injection Solenoid Valve N112 with the engine at idle and verify manifold vacuum is available at the Combination Valve vacuum line. If any of the previous tests fail, replace the affected component. Let me know if you have questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Combination valve ?can you send me a diagrams please?

Here is a picture, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I still not find the cobination valve can you help?

Here is a picture of the solenoid, follow the vacuum line connected to the solenoid and it will lead to the valve. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks mr Dan i got that.po 411is it have to do any thing with the second air pump?can i check second air pump by jump negative and positive to check the pump i just want to know this?

You can unplug the Air pump and run wires directly from battery to connector at air pump, it should blow as hard as a air dryer. But the most common problem is broken vacuum hose between solenoid and valve or the valve itself failing. Let me know how it goes or if you end up running into any questions. Thanks Huy.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did check the hose look very good so do i need replace valve ?

You would need to use a vacuum pump to see if valve opens and holds pressure, if not then replace. But it is probably easier to see if the air pump works first. Let me know I you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The hose make by plastic and big come from pump to valve is it right?my vaccum pump like a regular side doesn't fit what can i do?

Here are testing instructions for valve from manual, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks your time have nice day.

Same to you, if you run into any questions during testing make sure to let me know. Thanks.