Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs

Volkswagen Eos: I just bought my used 2009 EOS, the roof keeps

I just bought my used 2009 EOS, the roof keeps leaking right below where it connects in the front on both sides. I have had it to the dealer 3 times. They cannot find the problem. They said they replaced all the seals. Any idea where what is causing this?
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 12 months ago.

Eurocar Inc :

Hello there! I'm Eurocar ! I will try to assist you as much as I can. Quality research = Quality answer!!

Eurocar Inc :

on the leak is it right where the 2 rams one on each side at the window or is the leak more on the panel that runs along the the windshield at the top?

Eurocar Inc :

please let me know ! a pic would be awesome so I can get a look see

Eurocar Inc :

thanks

Customer:

Full Size Image

Customer:

Good Morning Eurocar!

Customer:

Good Morning!

Customer:

The leak is below where the ram attaches about 4" I have attached a picture you will need to turn the left side of the picture would be the bottom of the drivers window and the black is the section at the top where the leak is.

Customer:

Full Size Image

Customer:

ok, it took a bit but I have been able to turn the picture so you can see where it leaks. Hope this helps you help me:)

Customer:

Full Size Image

thanks for the pics . that makes it a lot easier.

if you look on the repair order how many seals was replaced . a copy or a photograph of the repair order would be great . the seals have been redesigned and if only partially new designed seals was used and not the rest then there is a mating issue and will leak

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

My apology!!! I didn't see the Expert answer just what was above it.

I will have to get a copy of the repair order to send to you. I was told all seals pertaining to the top were replaced. I took it back in this morning because it leaked worse and they are sending it to water leak specialist.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

My apology!!! I did not see the Expert answer. I will take your advice to the dealership. They still have my car and VW is getting a specialist to check my car as to why it is leaking. Thank you!!!

ok sure!

Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience: Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs