gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified

Volkswagen Jetta 1.8t Wolfsburg: 2003 Jetta 1.8t Wolfsburg

2003 Jetta 1.8t Wolfsburg
There is an oil leak that seems concentrated near the inner boot of the passenger cv joint. This is not ATF.
No engine oil on dipstick.
Do the turbo and engine share oil? If so is the turbo on the passenger side?
Is the oil filter in this area?
I have not personally looked. This is granddaughters car.
Looking for ideas before we go to VW dealer.

gomi_otaku :

The turbo is located on the backside of the engine, directly above the inner CV joint area on the passenger side. There is a feed line on top, and a return line at the bottom. The oil filter is at the front of the engine, so not close. And yes, the turbo uses engine oil, fed from the oil filter housing through a feed line to the turbo, and the return just dumps it back into the oil pan.

gomi_otaku :

I would suggest doing an inspection up farther to see where the oil is coming from- possibly cleaning off everything completely, filling the oil, and seeing if oil traces start to appear after driving a few times.