Neal
Neal, VW Mechanic
Experience:  Shop owner and experienced in most brands.
17294534

Volkswagen: I saw on AutoTrader a dealership called European

I saw on AutoTrader a dealership called European Coach Werkes, advertising for a 1991 VW Cabriolet Aigner Edition at 4,495.00 BUT the color is black outside and charcoal inside.
VIN wvweb5154mk004621.
I thought Aigner came only in blue,red and green?

Wolf
Category: VW
Expert:  Neal replied 1 year ago.

Hello I'm Neal and I am here to help resolve your issue. If I cannot help I will opt out and refer your question to another expert.

The midnight blue pearl is pretty dark, they did not come in black, but someone may have repainted it black at some point. I would be curious if the door jams and such were also repainted. If it was Blue it also should have the EA interior and not charcoal so that must have been replaced also. It is also possible it is not the special edition and someone just added the decals!!

Neal, VW Mechanic
Experience: Shop owner and experienced in most brands.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Neal, I will call the dealer and ask questions, anything else I should ask?
The charcoal interior , at least from the photo, has ET decals.

I went onto the dealer's ad site for this car and printed out car fax and everything but cannot see anything which sticks out.

Some photos are so dark that one cannot see the details like condition of seats, whicvh are mostly in sad condition because many people just happen to have some extra pounds and that ruins the seats in no time.

I had thre3, all new, 1983,1986 and 1988.

On the latter one I put 275 , 0000 miles and a girl bought it from me and it is still running.

What questions should I ask the salesman?

Wolf