gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified

Volkswagen Jetta 2.5: i have a 2005 VW Jetta 2.5 and the transwas

i have a 2005 VW Jetta 2.5 and the transwas replaced and now it doesnt start. i has spark, injector pulse, and 50 psi of fuel pressure i did a compression test and barely got 50psi on each cyl. so i cleared the cyl. of any fuel and then squirted some oil oil in the cylinders tap the starter a few times a rechecked the comporession and still barely 50psi on every cyl. this car started fine prior to tranny replacement

gomi_otaku :

I asked the last person with this issue the same question, and they told me "no"- but did you turn the crankshaft counterclockwise at all when lining up the torque converter bolts or installing the trans? like I said, the last person I asked said "no", then told me they had no compression.

gomi_otaku :

If you did, it's pretty likely that the timing chain jumped- for some reason they didn't design the tensioner of the chain on this engine to not compress after it had already been pushed out as far as possible (as on previous engine designs) When the tensioner collapses, it allows the chain to slip past the teeth of the crank while you turn it. You likely have bent valves from contacting the piston just barely.

ok thank you i will the timing tool and check timing ill get back to later in the week