Martin, auto electrical
Experience:  South African Trade Diploma in Auto Electrical

Volkswagen Polo: How do I change the front headlight on my

Customer Question

How do I change the front headlight on my 2005 Polo?
Category: VW
Expert:  Martin replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name is Martin and I am at your service to assist with your VW problems. Welcome to Just Answer.

You will have to remove the bumper which is held in place by about twenty screws, but before doing this you will have to loosen the wheel arch liner on each side. If possible, it is easier to jack up the car, place on trestles, and remove both front wheels to loosen and remove the wheel arch liners completely. If it is not possible to do it this way merely loosen the front parts of the liners, but this complicates and makes it tricky to work. Remove the front grill as well. You can now replace the headlight.

I hope this explanation is sufficient but, should you require further assistance do not hesitate to ask.