Chris VW Master Tech
Chris VW Master Tech, VW Technician
Experience:  City & Guilds 1,2,3 Vw Master Tech cars&vans, VW Licence Tech

vw passat: 2007 vw passat 2.0 tdi we removed the engine ecu

Customer Question

2007 vw passat 2.0 tdi we removed the engine ecu from the scuttle panel to check for water ingres no water visible replaced but now will not start any ideas, fault codes list is endless cooling fan runs, glow plug warning light etc etc.
Category: VW
Expert:  Michelle-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I cannot give you anymore info ,
Expert:  Chris VW Master Tech replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thankyou for using just answer. Can i check did the car start and run ok before you disconnected engine ECU, and why did you feel there would be water ingress in engine ECU, since you have cleared the fault codes in engine ECU have any of the fault codes returned? regards Chris