Cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Certified to fix all makes and models

jetta: i lost power..tdi..only drive it up to 75 mil

i lost power on my vw tdi jetta. its ben smoking black for the past two weeks. but today i lost soo much power that i could only drive it up to 75 mil. pluse the black smoke gone. any explenation. i think i lost turbo charge power.
Category: VW
Expert:  Cardoctor74 replied 4 years ago.
Yes sounds like the turbo has failed . Is the engine light on?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no engin light its not on. no alarm in any way. also i do hear a hessing sound

Ok that sound is the sound of the failed turbo internal . First make sure there are no broken vacuum lines at the turbo if there are no broken vacuum lines then the turbo is going to need to be replaced unfortunately . You can get one from a salvage yard or eBay to save a lot of money and have that installed. This is the next step for this issue and unfortunately you had all the symptoms of a failed turbo. Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated . If you need any further assistance please let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

oka is that explain why the balck smooke disappeared.

pluse i have a nother probelm. some time when i start my car. the car shots down. and i get this message. immobolizer active. i rstart the care three to four time then i am able to start the car normaly and the message disappears. any eplenation for both bacl smoke.

Two different issues the other would be an ignition switch issue .
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

can you please give me more detail.

why my car was bowloing balck smoke and its stop now. is it becaouse of turboe charge?

and when you said is ignition switch issue. how will i repair it?

Yes the turbo when it was failing was blowing the black smoke and when it failed that's why then stopped . As for the immobilizer message that would be from a shorted ignition switch . These are what need to be checked to fix this issue.