Cardoctor74
Cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Certified to fix all makes and models
3827149

2011 VW: loses power..low speed..factory recall on dampeners done

2011 VW diesel Jetta wagon engine "coughs" momentarily loses power almost always at low speed more frequently related to warmer weather. On going problem. Had factory recall on "dampeners" done. Multipel fuel sources. Current odometer 14000 miles.
Category: VW
Expert:  Cardoctor74 replied 4 years ago.
Is the engine light ever on?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No

Did this start happening right after the recall?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, has happened since getting the car new.
Ok has the mass air flow sensor been checked and diagnostics run on the vehicle?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Don't know about air flow sensor but having it to the dealer I have to assume diagnostics have been run
Ok what has the dealer told you so far?Have they tried to update the ECM?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Information recieved so far, they have not reproduced symptoms on ride around the block. I don't know about updating of the ECM.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Your message that the mechanic answering my question may be helping others so now I would like other mechanics to assist with a answer to my question
Ok sorry for the delay lost internet connection.What they need to do is have the dealers scanner hooked up to the vehicle in the data list screen.This will list all sensors and there readings to see whats actually failing when this issue happens.This is the correct way to diagnose this issue.Also you can contact Volkswagen corperate and open up a case for this issue and if they do not fix this for you at the dealer they will send an engineer down to look at the vehicle.These would be the next steps.Hoped this helped.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There has been nothing recorded on the data list. Perhaps VW office will have some suggestions. Thanks