vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

Volkswagen jetta: Have an 03 jetta tdi that wont start with

Customer Question

Have an 03 jetta tdi that won't start with code p0252 injection pump rotor a / camshaft position sensor range / proformance. Have changed the fuel filter, will start and stay running with 1/4 spray of starting fluid but has no power.
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer!!!

Have you checked static timing , dynamic timing , and also for a clogged intake and egr ??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The car was running fine before I changed the fuel filter. When I changed the filter it started fine just like normal but then it pulled in air from the new filter and cut off, I tryed repirming but had to end up using starting fluid to get it to take prim. When using the ether it started and started to over rev so I choked it out with I board over the intake. Then it started and run great then whole next day. Then the second day the check engine light came on with these three codes po252,po128,po101. And will not start on its own and has no power. Also I bleed the fuel system with a hand vacuum pump
When you replaced the fuel filter did you fill it up with diesel before starting the vehicle ??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It was about 7/8 full
Try to bleed the fuel at the injectors by loosening the 17mm nuts on the injector crank the vehicle and then close each line up one by one when they start spraying fuel out of each line have someone crank the vehicle while you do this out a battery charger on the vehicle .

Please do not forget to click the accept button as this is the only way I get compensated for my time and knowledge!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have already done that and it is getting fuel to each injector but it will still not start
Ok i believe you still have air in the system because this all happened after the fuel filter replacement unless something has failed in the pump because you have pump faults also
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are there any sensors on the pump that could have been damaged due to it over reving for about five seconds, and are they serviceable or made into the pump
They are serviceable but we sent them out to get rebuild most likely failures we see are the quantity adjusters on the pump .

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you have to remove the pump to replace the quantity adjuster
We do not replace it we send it out because it gets a new seal kit also we remove the complete pump and send it out .