vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.

Volkswagen new beetle power window problems

Customer Question

I have a 2008 vw beetle that the power windows & mirrors dont work, also using the outside key in the lock to up/down them doesnt work either.  Also checked all fuses in the side fuse compartment.  & found some under the dash which i checked too. 
Category: VW
Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 4 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yep, would still like an answer, Thanks!
Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Expert with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for an Expert or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yep, would still like an answer.
Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Please understand that it's rare when we cannot find the right Expert. Please accept our sincere apology. We hope you'll think of us again when the need arises
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 4 years ago.
Is it only on the driver's side (have you tried the passenger side switches?) And do the switches on the driver's door illuminate with the headlight switch on? Does the vehicle set the alarm with the remote, or does the panic button on the remote work to activate the alarm horn?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The switches do illuminate, it does set the alarm with the remote, & panic button works, the passenger side switch works sometimes. & the passenger switch on drivers side works only sometimes as well. the drivers side switch doesnt work. also found out that locking the car with the key in the door only works part of the time, but windows still dont roll down & up with the key.