Neal, VW Mechanic
Experience:  Shop owner and experienced in most brands.

2009 jetta: sport..tdi , glow plug light is flashing..limp mode

Customer Question

have 2009 jetta sportswagon tdi, glow plug light is flashing and is in limp mode any idea ??
Category: VW
Expert:  Neal replied 4 years ago.
I'm Neal and I am here to assist you. Only accept when you are happy with my assistance. If I can't help I will open your Question to other experts.
What codes are coming up? I assume the dealer did the software upgrade? What did they have to say about it?

This question will remain open and I will continue to work with you even after you accept. The question will remain active for 7 days after our last communication.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Dealer did update and replaced #2 fuel injector line and installed dampeners on fuel lines as part of recall.

runs great for about 45 seconds (good power) then glow light flashes and start of limp mode.
Dealer wants to replace turbo charger ( $2000.00) I don't think it is the problem because turbo works for 45 seconds every time after start up
Expert:  Neal replied 4 years ago.
What codes are they getting?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
found p00af 00175 turbo charge/supercharger boost control "A" module performance.
86754 mil light for n75 turbo regulation
Expert:  Neal replied 4 years ago.
Based on that they may or may not be right, I would consider getting another dealer to do a diagnostic as a second opinion. Based only on that I cannot confirm or disagree with them.